TEACHER TRAINING (ITT/SCHOOL DIRECT)
Quotation from one of our school direct trainees:
"By choosing the schools direct method into teaching with TSA24, I have been fully supported through my placements and time at university on the PGCE course. The schools that I have worked with have provided me with valuable opportunities to grow and learn as a professional and apply theory to practise in creative learning environments. The twilight sessions organised by the alliance have given me practical advice, preparing me for my own future classrooms. The school experiences I have had, arranged by TSA24, have fully equipped me with the skills I need to begin a career in teaching”.
We have a leading role in recruiting and training new teachers.
We develop opportunities to provide school-led initial teacher training.
- lead the development of school-led initial teacher training through School Direct or by accreditation as an initial teacher training provider
- take an active role in the recruitment and selection of trainee teachers
- have a clear plan for teacher training, including:
- access to outstanding lessons and teachers for observation and planning
- quality assurance
- co-ordination of initial teacher training with professional development opportunities
We work in partnership with SCLP and Wolstonbury Teaching School Alliance on our Teaching Training.
Over the past two years we have successfully recruited School Direct Students into our Alliance schools.