The Alliance will work across the Big 6 areas:
|Initial Teacher Training and Support for Newly Qualified Teachers|
|Continuing Professional Development|
|Leadership Development and Succession Planning|
|School to School Support|
|Recruitment and deployment of NLEs and SLEs|
|Research and Development|
- Develop an effective and sustainable alliance that helps deliver improved outcomes for young people.
- Be part of system wide improvement that creates a better future for all.
- Provide outstanding opportunities for staff within and beyond the Alliance to develop their leadership skills, experience and confidence including the delivery of licensed programmes from the National College for School Leadership.
- Provide and broker outstanding training and development opportunities for staff within and beyond the Alliance that support the achievement and excellence in terms of learner outcomes.
- Broker the supply of system leaders such as National Leaders in Education (NLEs), and Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs).
- Ensure the supply of outstanding new teachers in to the profession through effective ITE.
- Provide school to school support that gives additional capacity to ensure that all schools can be strong and successful schools, meeting the needs within their own context.
- Work together on succession planning to ensure that schools within and beyond the partnership can continue to be effectively led and managed.
- Engage in research and development work that contributes to a more evidence based approach to school improvement.
Our alliance will fulfil, and where possible exceed, the expectations of Teaching Schools as set out in the NCTL Teaching Schools Handbook.