TA Induction Programme
This event will take place between 9:15am and 11:45am on 21/01/2020.
Teaching Assistants will learn about the essential elements that make an effective TA in schools. They will learn about the ways they can support teachers and children in the classroom and have an introduction to the knowledge and understanding needed to work in a school environment. There will be six sessions across the year.
What delegates will do during the course?
Six Sessions; - All 9.15 – 11.45
- Introduction - 5th November 2019 at Southwater Infant Academy, Sue Winn, Teaching School Director - What does it mean to work in a school? Understanding how children develop and building positive relationships with children, adults and parents/carers
- Safeguarding and E-Safety – 21st January 2020 at Castlewood Primary School, Rachel Nunns, Headteacher & CEOP Ambassador
- Supporting Reading in the classroom (EYFS/KS1) 10th March 2020 at Hassocks Infant School
- Supporting Maths in the classroom (EYFS/KS1) 5th May 2020 at Hassocks Infant School
- TAs role in Health and Safety – 19th May 2020 at Southwater Infant Academy, Sue Winn, Teaching School Director
- Supporting children’s learning in the classroom through the eyes of two experienced TA’s -9th June 2020 at Warnham Primary School, Shirley Kirby, Headteacher